“Summer Light” exhibition to be held at the Cynwyd Club in Bala Cynwyd, PA on June 28, 2018. All artists who have work that is summer themed (open to interpretation) are welcome to submit. All work must be in 2 dimensional media, within the dimensions of 11″ x 14″ and properly framed or presented.
Guest curator for this exhibition is Patrick Rodgers. Patrick is the Galleries Director for Montgomery County Community College. He’s curated exhibits in museums, galleries, historic sites, and cultural centers across the U.S. since 2002 and previously worked at the Rosenbach Museum & Library (Philadelphia), Fonthill Castle (Doylestown), and the Scott County Historical Society (Minnesota). He has a Masters degree in Museum Studies from the University of Toronto.
Deadline to submit your work digitally: JUNE 1
Work chosen by juror Patrick Rodgers: JUNE 2–JUNE 6
Included artists sent an email regarding work: JUNE 8
All physical work must be received by: JUNE 18
EXHIBITION DATE: JUNE 28
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Download the entry form, and fill it out.
- Email a digital copy of the filled out entry form and a photograph of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject, state your name, and “Summer Light Submission”. Please also include a copy of your CV and link to website. This is a blind jury (we won’t look at your CV or name while judging work) but if you work is selected to be included, we want to know more about you to talk to potential collectors at the show!
- Pay the entry fee by using the form at the bottom of the page. Submit up to 3 pieces for the single entry fee. Artists retain 70% of the sale price of their work should it sell.
- IF YOUR WORK IS SELECTED (artists notified on June 8), Bubble wrap your pieces and and include the printed, filled-out entry form in your package.
- Include enough postage for the return trip of your artwork. POSTAGE MUST BE STAMPS, NOT PRE–PAID LABELS.
- Send pieces to: Era Contemporary, c/o Jessica Libor, 4832 Smick Street, Philadelphia, PA 19127.
- Accepted artists will be notified by June 8. Work must be physically received by June 18.
- Mark your calendar for the event and come celebrate! The exhibition will be held on June 28th from 6 to 9pm.
Click the link below for the entry form/agreement:
Please pay entry form by Paypal to email@example.com, or by clicking here:
Questions? Email Jessica, Director at Era Contemporary, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your submissions! We look forward to an exciting show in Philadelphia!!
Image above painted by Edward Potthast and is part of the public domain.